If you’re like most of us, we use our mobile devices to stay in touch with friends, check the weather, order pizza and so much more. Isn’t it time you downloaded our Mobile Banking App to do your banking anywhere you are, or anytime you choose?
To get started, go to your favorite app store from your iPhone or Android and download the First Bank Hampton app. Use your username and password to log into the first time. You can set up fingerprint or facial recognition after that first time.
- Instant Balance. Just need to check on your account balance. You can with Instant balance. This feature allows you to check your balance at a glance within your mobile banking app.
- Mobile Deposit. Save a trip to the bank by using the mobile deposit feature within our Mobile Banking app. It’s as simple as snapping a photo! Just open your Mobile Banking app, follow the prompting on the deposit tab page.
- Tablet Banking. Our First Bank Hampton Mobile Banking app also allow you check your account balances, transfer money, make deposits, and pay bills using your tablet.
Enjoy these other features to Mobile Banking.
Monitor your accounts through detailed transaction history. Track pending and approved transactions with in all your accounts to stay current with your most updated balances.
Alerts. Help protect yourself against fraud. Customize alerts on your transactions and see any suspicious transaction activity.
Transfer money between First Bank Hampton Accounts. Transferring money same day between First Bank Hampton accounts is quick and easy. You can even make a loan payment on an in-house loan.
Best practices when using Mobile Banking.
As mobile banking continues to exceed online users, it's more important than ever for you to use mobile banking safely. Convenience is the driving factor in the rise of mobile banking. It opens the doors to consumer choice and access to banking options. But, as mobile devices such as smartphones and iPads become more popular, hackers are finding savvy ways to steal information. It's important to take a common sense approach to mobile banking. Use caution on your phone just as you would on your computer. If you follow that rule, you can really enjoy mobile banking's benefits safely and securely.
Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Avoid storing sensitive information like passwords and social security numbers on your mobile device.
- Password protect your mobile device and lock it when you're not using it.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Don't type sensitive information if others around you can see.
- Log out completely when you complete a mobile banking session.
- Protect your device from viruses and malware just like you do for your computer by installing mobile security software.
- Download the updates for your mobile device and mobile apps.
- Use discretion when downloading apps.
- If you lose your phone or change your phone number, notify your bank right away.
- Monitor your accounts regularly and report suspicious activity to your bank immediately.